Effective Date: November 26, 2018
Information Collected Directly from You
We may collect personal information about you in connection with your use of our Site. This information may be voluntarily provided when you ask a question or submit a message through the “Contact Us” form on our Site or leave a comment on our blog. The information we may collect includes, but may not be limited to:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Other information related to your requests or inquiries.
Information Collected Automatically
Some of the personal information we collect from you may happen automatically. We use tracking technologies such as cookies, log files, and pixel tags to automatically collect information when users visit our Site. Information we collect includes but may not be limited to:
- IP address to measure our Site traffic and to help provide a more personalized experience.
- Information regarding your browser and other technical specifications required to use our Site.
- Computer data or files, often called “cookies,” which may be sent by your web browser and stored on an individual computer to allow our server to “recognize” you through the navigation of the Site, and for us to credit your account for various online transactions.
- Computer data files, often called “web beacons” that are collected from emails or links on third-party sites that allow our server to evaluate the popularity of those links or the information contained in emails or on third-party sites.
For more information, see the “Cookies and Similar Technologies” section below.
Collection of Information from Children
Our Site is not designed for children, and we do not knowingly collect information from any person under the age of 16.
Use of Information Collected
We collect information about you in order to provide you with services. We also collect information that is necessary for the Site to work properly. We use personal information for a variety of purposes related to our business, including but not limited to:
- Providing services and support: Performing the essential functions of the Site, including communicating with users about their use of the Site or regarding a user-initiated inquiry on the Site.
- Analytics and Site improvement: Tracking information about your visits to our Site or use of the Site to allow us to provide better service; and using certain online preferences in the aggregate across all users to evaluate the Site.
Disclosure of Information
We will not share your information with third parties to directly market their products to you. We may provide user information to third-party service providers or vendors for purposes including but not limited to:
- Initiating direct marketing programs on our behalf
- Data tracking
- Maintenance or development of our Site
- Development of online products, services, or customer service, or new product development
- Other contracted promotional opportunities provided to our users
We may also share this information with any subsidiaries, licensees, suppliers, distributors, affiliates, assigns, successors, or other related entities and their respective owners as well as in connection with law enforcement requests or in response to investigations, subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, or as otherwise required by law.
We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
We may also disclose your information to a third party as part of reorganization or a sale of the assets of KOSE. Any third party to which KOSE transfers or sells the Site or related assets will have the right to continue to use the personal and other information that you provide to us.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Cookies are small data files that help us keep track of your usage of the Site. Many of the cookies we use enable the Site to function as you would expect it to. Cookies enable the Site to remember things like your login information so you do not have to re-enter it, user preferences, and other personalized settings. Cookies also enable us to track and analyze user behavior in order to improve our Site. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can choose to accept or decline certain types of cookies if you prefer. However, declining cookies may impact the functionality of the Site and in some cases, you may not be able to access the functions of the Site. We use the following categories of cookies on the Site:
- Session cookies: Session cookies are stored on the user’s hard drive temporarily and are deleted when the user ends the browsing session. Session cookies are useful for things like keepings item in a shopping cart while the user continues to browse.
- Persistent cookies: Persistent cookies stay on the user’s hard drive until they expire, even after the browser is closed. Persistent cookies are useful for remembering things like login information, so users do not have to enter their password every time they visit the Site.
- Third-party cookies: Third party cookies are not installed directly by our Site, but by third parties such as advertisers. Third party cookies are used to track advertising preferences from site to site, and to gather data about users’ browsing habits in order to improve the user experience.
Clear GIFs (also called pixel tags or web beacons) are small files embedded in websites that tell us what content a user accesses and how users navigate the Site. Clear GIFs enable us to track and analyze user behavior on the Site in order to make it more intuitive and user friendly.
Third Party Websites and Links
We may also use third-party vendors, such as Google Ads, LinkedIn and Facebook Ads to advertise to our users online. These third-party vendors use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytic cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to the Site or another site affiliated with KOSE services. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising by using Google’s Ads Settings.
Protection of User Information Protected
We maintain administrative, physical, and technical safeguards for all user information collected in our Site.
While we work hard to use and disclose our users’ personal information only for the purposes identified above, you can choose not to provide personal information or limit the personal information obtained by us as follows:
- You may have your contact information removed from our marketing lists to inform users of new or relevant products, services, and special offers by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any communication received from us, or by emailing us at email@example.com.
- You may limit the collection of “cookies” through your browser settings. However, this may disable our ability to provide you with the most relevant products or information regarding the Site.
- You may limit the ability of Google Analytics to track your online activity, as outlined in the “Behavioral Advertising” section.
- You may have your personal information deleted from our records by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do Not Track Signals
The Site does not respond to Do Not Track signals.
Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Information
California residents may have certain rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”), including the following:
- The Rights to Know: The right to know what personal information a business has collected about you, from where it was sourced, for what it is being used, whether it is being disclosed or sold, and to whom it is being disclosed or sold.
- The Right to Opt Out: The right to “opt out” of allowing a business to sell your personal information to third parties.
- The Right to Deletion: The right to have a business delete your personal information, with some exceptions.
- The Right to Equal Service and Pricing: The right to receive equal service and pricing from a business, even if you exercise your privacy rights under the CCPA.