A Digital Strategy for a Brand King
How we drove purchase intent for a billion dollar brand
The foundation for Jack Link’s was set when Jack Link along with his sons had the idea to make jerky with his great-grandfather’s old-world sausage recipes. With hard work and a pioneering spirit, the family worked to create its inaugural product, Jack Link’s Original Kippered Beef Steak. That idea turned Jack Link’s into a billion-dollar brand and a leader in the protein snack industry.
Even though Jack Link’s was already a king in the protein snack category, we saw ways to innovate. By refocusing the current marketing strategy, and aligning the media approach with business objectives, we could take the brand to a new level.
Strategically, we tackled numerous fundamental initiatives including, reframing the digital landscape, consolidating digital data into one central storehouse, and harnessing the power of dynamic content and digital data to drive purchase intent. In addition, we created a coordinated team between four creative agencies, coupon partners, brand, and shopper marketing, making sure each was aligned with the overall business plan.
There was a need to reset the digital landscape and focus efforts on where and how marketing dollars were spent.
- Dollars were redistributed from custom content to high-reach, data-driven platforms.
- Coordinated campaigns were developed, with a rigorous approach to channel planning and budget allocation.
- A complex set of planning criteria was developed and managed. It included distributing the media spend evenly across the year, pulsing initiatives based on regional tests and product launches, and leveraging free studies when they were available.
- A new cadence for content was established based on the planned media spend.
The team also identified the need for a coordinated effort and integrated the brand campaign with shopper activity.
- Foot traffic studies were completed on shopper marketing campaigns.
- Individual grocers were profiled to determine the unique make-up of their audience. The data gathered was then used to suggest creative to match the audience.
For the first time, Jack Link’s was able to track performance of the shopper and the brand campaigns to determine their joint impact on purchase intent.
The results were impressive. Digital was responsible for a 1.8% increase in purchase intent over the previous year.
- Facebook and Instagram were 2X more effective at driving purchase intent than the previous banner campaign.
- The YouTube Alpha campaign yielded record-breaking results with an 8X increase in Click-through-Rate, and lowered Cost Per View by 50%. There was also a 44% lift in ad recall, and a 15% lift in purchase intent.
Find a fresh perspective from a partner you can trust.
Contact us today.